MUSINA MAMAS INITIATIVE is looking for:
PROGRAM MANAGER/CENTRAL MAMA
If you have a social work or any related qualification and aspire to be in the leadership and management position of a 5-partner initiative that has been creating opportunities for the most vulnerable children, youth (and their families) in Musina and surrounding areas, this is an opportunity for you!
MAMAS Alliance is a unique network of 33 independent grassroots NGOs all across South Africa whose core business is the care of the most vulnerable and least fortunate children and youth (and their families), guiding and assisting them to reach their full potential. The candidate therefore should really care about the less privileged and have a strong belief in fair and equal chances for all, as his/her guiding value and principle.
The Musina MAMAS initiative is a unique partnership model of care in three areas of Musina: Harper, Nancefield and Tshikudini. The 5-member partnership work closely together to implement their various programs to provide a comprehensive and holistic service to these communities
The desired candidate is an experienced and seasoned social worker with a strong background in both (a) practical interventions in the lives of the most vulnerable children, youth (and their families) and (b) managing broader development programs, including overseeing the work of staff, progress made, activities, reporting to donors, writing funding applications, seeking additional funding etc. She/he will be expected to relocate to Musina if not already living there and will be expected to build working relationships with local stakeholders.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A MOTIVATIONAL LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Social work or any related qualification
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in managing or leading community development programs preferably in children and youth, but not limited to.
- Good understanding of the NGO sector
- Valid driver’s licence with own vehicle but petrol allowance provided
- The ability to communicate professionally, creatively, flexibly and respectfully with partners on all levels
- Computer literate and proficient in working with MS Office and Excel
- Speaking, understanding or strong willingness to learn the local language (Venda)
- Pro-actively building new stakeholder relationships
- Identifying and mobilising community resources
- Developing effective ways of jointly working with the core 5 partners as a team
- Meeting set targets
- Effectively communicating and liaising with partners at all levels
- Maintaining existing relationships
- Supervising and coordinating staff and volunteers
- General office administration
- Proposal and report writing
- Reporting to the Steering Committee of the Musina MAMAS initiative with Country Representative of Kinderfonds MAMAS as the contact person
- Remuneration: NGO Market related
- Location: Musina, Limpopo
- Job Level: Professional
- Transport: Own car but petrol allowance provided
- Type: One-year renewable contract
- Education Level: Degree
To apply, please send your personal motivational letter plus CV to email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 8th May 2019
Job interviews: 20th May 2019
Follow up interviews: 21st May 2019
Should you not receive feedback before 21st May, please consider your application unsuccessful.