Children's Fund MAMAS is a Dutch organisation that supports the MAMAS of South Africa. It was named after remarkable women in South Africa who take a stand and accept the responsibility of giving love, care and future of South Africa’s vulnerable children. These strong women stand up and take action in their own communities. They organise daily care, such as protection, food, education, development, affection and love for large numbers of children and youth: usually hundreds and sometimes thousands per NGO.
All in all the MAMAS currently give daily care to over 50.000 children in 33 wonderful organisations. Their healing network of care stretches across South Africa, from the Western Cape to Limpopo.
The role and intention of Children's Fund MAMAS
- To fund the collective effort of all MAMAS (and fortunately some great PAPAS) involved in building this Alliance;
- To fund and support the Secretariat and its CSI Team, enabling it to provide its services free of charge;
- To create sustainable supporting and funding relationships directly between businesses and NPOs in the most professional and unburdening way for all parties involved, all free of charge;
- To develop this as a logical strategy to fulfil the mission of empowering the MAMAS of South Africa to save as many children as they possibly can, with solid organisations and sustainable funding;
- Thereby contributing to the development of a strong grassroots movement of MAMAS that gives hope and a future to tens of thousands of vulnerable children in impoverished communities.
Children's Fund MAMAS happily finances the entire CSI initiative of MAMAS Alliance in South Africa.