The MAMAS Alliance CSI Agency aims to simplify CSI by facilitating and supporting the partnership between funder and NGO. The Agency works at no cost. All funds flow directly from the CSI-funder to the
We identify effective, reputable, well-run NGOs within our network to fulfil corporate CSI strategies. By monitoring investments, providing regular reporting and facilitating site visits where desired we make CSI easier for both companies and NGOs.
Companies have good reasons to spend on CSI and to invest in projects/NGOs that contribute to community development at grassroots level, but often struggle to find compliant NGOs. On the other hand, most NGOs struggle to find and approach potential CSI funders because their core business requires and demands their full attention and more.
Different in five ways!
We are a Non-Profit Company offering our services at no cost, taking no fees or commission. Every cent donated or invested in our partners reaches the intended beneficiaries because we are fully funded by an international organisation that believes in the importance of CSI in South Africa.
We offer a broad portfolio of 400 pre-selected high-quality programmes all over South Africa, run by 28 leading, reputable and compliant NGOs, with a range of project choices that will tie in with a company’s vision, values and culture.
We unburden companies (at no cost) by providing all CSI administrative functions and documentation necessary to claim tax rebates, B-BBEE Scorecard points, reporting in annual reports etc.
We have a 30 Minute Concept that, presented to the right CSI decision maker, enables us to send a concrete proposal within a week.
We are an innovative and professional CSI Agency that
respresentsa a uniquealliance of 43 autonomous, leading and compliant NGOs with 72 project sites across South Africa and provide both companies and NGOs with service and support.
All our Partner NGOs work in the heart of what CSI is meant for: structural and well thought through socio-economic development. Though they are all different in approach and method,
Mainpoint of entry into families and communities is children and youth. Serviceoffering is always driven by the needs of the community.
- Focus areas represent the broadest possible range of care and education.
- Collective reach is over 40.000 children receiving practical, daily care.
The role of Children's Fund MAMAS
- To fund the collective effort of all MAMAS (and some great PAPAS) involved in building this Alliance;
- To fund and support the CSI Agency, enabling it to provide its services free of charge;
- To develop this as a logical strategy to fulfil the mission of empowering the MAMAS of South Africa to save as many children as they possibly can, with the assistance of solid organisations and sustainable funding;
- To contribute to the development of a strong grassroots movement of MAMAS that gives hope and a future to tens of thousands of vulnerable children in impoverished communities.